Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week One--Wedding and Mexico

After two months of waiting for a US Government security clearance from NATO, I finally embarked on the adventure. I flew down to LAX on Friday the 12th of February. My plan was to take a shuttle to Laguna Hills, CA where I was to participate in the wedding of a friend from the mission. As the plane descended in to LA I over heard the man next to me saying that he would be renting a car and driving to San Diego. I swiftly used the skills I developed during my hitch-hiking experiences and asked the man for a ride south. He agreed and before I knew it I was in the rental car of 60 year-old Terry Potter (Great Name!), a Native of Grants Pass Oregon who had been on a plane only once in his life before this experience. He had a very funny vocabulary and was very kind.

Listen to the video to get a slice of the conversation.:




The wedding was in the San Diego Temple.

It was beautiful indeed.They asked me to play their wedding song on the guitar for their first dance.

It was a wondrous day. Between the wedding and the reception we all went to Laguna beach for a swim.



The next Day (Sunday) Some mission buddies and I slipped across the boarder for church in Tijuana. I then proceeded to visit old friends and converts form my time there.


















I hitch-hiked up to a far away area in the Hills in Rosarito to see a couple that I became very attached to, Juan and Laura. They are happy and progressing so much in life and in the church.














That evening I went to the beach where I used to baptize people. this time I swam.
























The Next day I took a bus to Mexicali and had a more fun visiting people I knew a long time ago. The Wong family lent me their car for the time I was there (as well as their food and their house).
After some time there I came here to San Diego with my Aunt and Uncle. Tomorrow (the 18th of Feb) I fly out of LAX straight to London where I will be for a day and then take a train to Brussels. It's been good so far and I am very excited to see what adventures come in Europe.

Until Next time,

Johnny

4 comments:

  1. Sweet blog! I'm excited to hear of your adventures. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UAauu!! Eres mi HEROE!! nunca te cansas de la aventura! tE QUEIRO VIEJO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am confident to say that Terry Potter is a prime example of you in fourty years. Glad to see you're having such a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you already are having a blast! Thanks for the link - it will be fun to keep up!

    ReplyDelete